Sweet Orange~Anti-Inflammatory, Antispasmodic, Uplifting
Botanical Name: Citrus sinensis
Comman Name: Sweet Orange
Origin: United States/Brazil
Plant Part: Peel
Method: Cold Pressed
Aroma Notes: Top
- Pure essential oil
- GC/MS Tested for Purity
Applications and Recipes
Majestic Dream Perfume
- 10 ml vanilla-infused jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis)
- 3 drops Aura Cacia Patchouli Essential Oil (Pogostemom cablin)
- 2 drops Aura Cacia Frankincense Essential Oil (Boswellia sacra)
- 5 drops Aura Cacia Sweet Orange (Citrus sinensis)
- 1 10ml Roller Bottle
Add the essential oils then fill your 10 ml roller-ball bottle with CherMark Botanicals' Pure Organic Jojoba. It has very little aroma of its own so allows the essential oil blend to shine. Rock the bottle back and forth gently to mix the oils with the jojoba. Roll on your wrists, behind ears and on neck to enjoy your Majestic Dream perfume.
Dilute essential oil properly. 1-3% is safe for daily use.
Safety and Shelf Life
- For External Use Only
- Do not use undiluted on skin.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Discontinue use if skin irritation or rash occurs.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If pregnant or nursing always check with your doctor or health care professional before using any essential oil.
- Peel open product label for specific caution information.
- OK For Kids: 2+
- Kids Max Dilution: 1%
- Shelf Life: 1-2 Years
Should any essential oil come in direct contact with your skin, use any carrier or vegetable oil to remove it. Water will NOT remove essential oil from the skin.
Essential Oil Care and Storage
Essential oils can "oxidize". When an essential oil oxidizes it can change the aroma and chemical makeup of the oil and also affect their safety. Oxidation creates byproducts that can be dangerous. Essential oils should always be diluted in a carrier oil for use on the skin. But oxidized oils are still not safe for use on the skin even if diluted.
But don't throw that oxidized oil out just yet. There are still ways to use them. They can be used in household cleaning products such as floor cleaner, toilet cleaner, all purpose surface cleaner, dusting spray and furniture polish.
Reputable vendors will provide the shelf life on the oils they offer. Maintaining the oil's shelf life is dependent on how you maintain and store it.
- Always store your bottles tightly sealed.
- When the level in a bottle drops, decant to a smaller bottle. This limits the amount of air that can come in contact with the oil.
- Store your bottles in a dark, cool location. Refrigerate if possible, particularly citrus and conifer oils (fir, pine, spruce...). If refrigeration is not possible, the best temperature is 65F or below.
- It's best to store your oils in a dark cabinet or drawer where they are not exposed to sunlight.
If you store your essential oils in tightly sealed full bottles in a dark, cool location you will maintain the shelf life and possibly even extend it.