Aura Cacia Rosemary Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Rosmarinus officinalis
Comman Name: Rosemary
Plant Part: Leaves & Twigs
Method: Steam Distillation
Aroma Notes: Top-Middle
- Pure essential oil
- GC/MS Tested for Purity
- 1 Tablespoon of your shampoo
- 2 drops of Aura Cacia Tea Tree Essential Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia)
- 1 drop of Aura Cacia Rosemary (Moroccan) essential oil (Rosmarinus officinalis)
Dilute essential oil properly. 1-3% is safe for daily use.
- For External Use Only
- Do not use undiluted on skin.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Discontinue use if skin irritation or rash occurs.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If pregnant or nursing always check with your doctor or health care professional before using any essential oil.
- Peel open product label for specific caution information.
- Shelf Life: 2-3 Years
Should any essential oil come in direct contact with your skin, use any carrier or vegetable oil to remove it. Water will NOT remove essential oil from the skin.
Essential oils can "oxidize". When an essential oil oxidizes it can change the aroma and chemical makeup of the oil and also affect their safety. Oxidation creates byproducts that can be dangerous. Essential oils should always be diluted in a carrier oil for use on the skin. But oxidized oils are still not safe for use on the skin even if diluted.
But don't throw that oxidized oil out just yet. There are still ways to use them. They can be used in household cleaning products such as floor cleaner, toilet cleaner, all purpose surface cleaner, dusting spray and furniture polish.
Reputable vendors will provide the shelf life on the oils they offer. Maintaining the oil's shelf life is dependent on how you maintain and store it.
- Always store your bottles tightly sealed.
- When the level in a bottle drops, decant to a smaller bottle. This limits the amount of air that can come in contact with the oil.
- Store your bottles in a dark, cool location. Refrigerate if possible, particularly citrus and conifer oils (fir, pine, spruce...). If refrigeration is not possible, the best temperature is 65F or below.
- It's best to store your oils in a dark cabinet or drawer where they are not exposed to sunlight.
If you store your essential oils in tightly sealed full bottles in a dark, cool location you will maintain the shelf life and possibly even extend it.